Academic publishing uses a specialised genre that requires a specific form of language use known as Academic English. This is useful for those who need to improve their writing (and presenting) skills in Academic English, such as young academics (both native and non-native speakers of English) who are new to this very specific genre, or more established academics who have not published in English before. I will help you master this special dialect of English.
2018 – 2020 Academic Language Programme, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Teaching academic English writing courses for students in a variety of programmes (English Language, Communication Science, Health Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Mathematics, Neuroscience, Economics) at various faculties (Humanities, Sciences, School of Business & Economics).
2017 – 2018 Babel Talen
Teaching academic English writing for students at Utrecht University
- Writing for publication for Ph.D. candidates at Utrecht University – Spring 2018
- Academic Writing for medical students at Utrecht University – Winter 2017, 2018
2017 – 2018 Taalcentrum-VU
Scientific Writing in English (MA) for students Health Sciences and Biomedical sciences at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Faculty of Health Sciences – Spring 2017, Spring 2018.
2008 – 2017 Leiden University
Teaching English language, linguistics and language acquisition at the Department of English Language and Culture
- Language Acquisition 1: pronunciation & vocabulary (BA) – Fall 2017.
- The Language of Jane Austen (MA) – Fall 2011.
- Shakespeare and Early Modern English (BA) – Fall 2011.
- Introduction to Late Modern English (BA) – Spring 2008.